LaSalle Park Marina, Burlington's Open Public Marina
About the Marina
There are several options to participate from short term to part season to full seasonal dock rental Associate Membership and Senior Membership.
Brief overview: The LaSalle Park Marina Association (LPMA) and the LaSalle Park Marina were established in 1981 (by a group of area Boaters in consultation with the City) and exist, as defined under the Corporations Act, as a Not-For-Profit Organization. The Marina is a Joint Venture between the City of Burlington (the owner of title) and the LPMA. The LPMA paid for, designed, install, maintain and administrates the Marina under the Joint Venture Agreement with the City of Burlington.
No public money went into the founding or establishment of the Marina.
The LPMA has a Board of Directors, elected from its Charter and Senior Membership, which report to the Membership and City of Burlington.
The Marina continues to operate as a membership based, self-help entity, without Public funding or subsidy.
To maximize the recreational boating experience at LaSalle, the LPMA work closely with the BSBC which is a valued, but separate, sister organization. The LPMA encourage persons to become Senior Members of both organizations and contend there is significant value in so doing.
The LPMA was restructured in 2005 under the New Business Model (in consultation with the City) which saw the elimination of future New Charter Memberships and creation of the LPMA Senior Membership category.
It was a painless restructuring designed to enhance the long term viability and sustainability of the LPMA and to more clearly define the LPMA Charter & Senior Members preferred right of use.
Existing agreements were and continue to be honoured.
Both Charter and Senior LPMA Members have the identical voting rights with preferred right of use.
The LPMA have met or exceeded the New Business Model targets annually.
The LPMA have, we believe, an aggressive, responsible and sustainable capital infrastructure replacement program and Capital Allocation Funds in place.
The LPMA Membership unanimously endorsed the capital infrastructure replacement programs and targets.
The LPMA has undertaken a fixed rate debenture loan from the City as part of its dock replacement program affecting years 2017-26 at $27,382 a year. The costs of this fixed rate debt service are included in your fee.
LaSalle Park Marina is fully wheelchair accessible.
Stewardship of the Marina and Association
- City of Burlington's Open Public Marina
- LaSalle park Marina is owned by the city of Burlington
- LaSalle park Marina Association built, administrate and maintain the Marina under a Joint Venture Agreement with the City
- LaSalle Park Marina opened spring 1981
- LaSalle Park Marina Association is an unpaid, all volunteer, not for profit Corporation officially incorporated April 16, 1982
LaSalle Park Marina Awards
- LaSalle Park Marina and Association are an international Blue Flag Eco Award Certified Marina, the first on Lake Ontario
- LaSalle Park Marina and Association are also top 5 Anchor Platinum Eco Award Certified
- LaSalle Park Marina and Association were the first top 5 Anchor Eco Awarded Marina anywhere. The Award was presented by the Federal and Ontario Ministers of the Environment at CCIW in 2005
- LaSalle Park Marina and Association were presented the City's Community Accessibility Committee BUILD Environment Award in 2013 for its support of disabled sailing and Burlington Able Sail
Since the Marina's founding in 1981, PLMA's Annual Financial Statements and General Meeting Minutes are reported annually to the City of Burlington as well as to the Membership.
Subject to you conducting your own due diligence, we respectfully suggest there is a significant long term advantage, or enhanced perceived value, in becoming a LPMA Senior Member.
Please note: Senior Members are not purchasing property or a slip, but rather a preferred right of use..
The Senior Member, upon joining, signs a contract specifying the exact terms – the terms contained therein in the contract supersede any other terms mentioned elsewhere, however understood, both real or implied.
Forward looking statements are of course subject to factors often beyond the Marina’s control which might impact positively or negatively upon the Marina and LPMA’s future projections.
Whichever option you choose, please consider making LaSalle Park Marina your home.
This is not a prospectus..
Also see the City of Burlington website: City of Burlington
Please Contact the Manager for further information at: